Wednesday, July 28, 2004

BASLOW MEETS SUBWAY ARTIST MAN

So I got onto the Number 1 train at 42nd Street to head home in early July and it was, surprisingly, not packed. I got a seat right away and, in fact, there was an empty seat next to me. I pulled out my book and began reading. This book takes a lot of concentration so I soon was unaware of what was going on in the subway car. Just before the train reached 72nd Street the guy sitting opposite me slaps a piece of paper, face down, on the seat next to me. I look up in confusion. He's smiling. "Look at it," he urges. So I pick up the paper.

This is what I saw.

So I was telling my story today at work and someone says, "You know, I read a story in the New York Times about a guy like that."So I look it up and this is what I found:

"Faster Than A Speeding Train: Artist Man"
(Only the first few sentences will be readable for free. You'll have to pay if you want to read the whole article.)

No comments: